The Mighty Bean
We know what you are thinking! Several exotic foods are out there, hip and trendy with fancy names (which are super difficult to pronounce) , why go for Crispea made from chickpea aka Garbanzo beans. Well, these desi chickpeas are quite chic in nutrition . They are small but mighty when it comes to protecting your health.
Chickpeas are super-foods which are held highly in several traditional diets. In fact, this bean from India is all the rage in other countries in form of roasted chickpea snacks; hummus as well as now they are trying to make noodles and pasta from chickpea flour. The amazing and protein –rich, Sattu made from chickpea has grown very popular these days.
Healthy. Crunchy. Tasty.
We have used these mighty beans to prepare a really healthy, delicious, and crunchy snack. We have 7 different flavors, Indian and international, to woo your taste buds. They are…
Not Your Regular chana!
- Crispea can be your go-to-snack as chickpea is the healthiest food to add to your diet. Along with the macronutrients like protein and fiber, it is a good sources of several essential micronutrients.
- Chickpea contains iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K which are required for maintaining and building bone matrix.
- Selenium, a yet another micronutrient in chickpea is known to help eliminate cancer-causing compounds from the body and reduce inflammation.
- Choline, a newly researched nutrient, is also found in chickpeas. It plays a vital role in the body’s ability to fight chronic inflammation, regulates sleep cycle, boosts learning, and memory.
- Crispea is the best source of vegetarian proteins. Each 36gm pack of Crispea provides 10 gm of proteins which is equivalent to the amount of protein in an egg.
- Almost all legumes are rich in protein but studies have suggested that the quality of protein in chickpea is better than other legumes as chickpea contains all amino acids except methionine.
- They have an amino acid score of 106. An amino acid score speaks about the protein quality and a score of 100 or higher indicates a complete or high quality protein.
- Chickpea contains a good mix of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Soluble fiber helps regularise bowel movements and helps in the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
- Insoluble fiber keeps your colon active and healthy.
- 100 grams of Crispea fulfill 60% of your daily required values of fiber. With this amount of fiber, you can bid goodbye to constipation forever!
- Studies emphasize that daily consumption of garbanzo beans is associated with a lower risk of colon disorder like ulcerative colitis, IBD (irritable bowel disorder), and colon cancers. If you want to work on your digestive health, Chickpea or garbanzo beans should definitely be part of your “digestive support” food list.
- A healthy heart is a key to a long life; give your heart a good time with Crispea.
- Crispea houses a wealthy supply of heart-healthy nutrients like fiber, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B-6, vitamin C, omega 3, and antioxidants.
- Chickpeas as such are not fatty food but they do contain the valuable polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega 3, which is associated with improving heart health and reducing inflammation in the body.
- When it comes to heart health, garbanzo beans/chickpeas are extensively researched legumes.
- Crispea helps protect your heart by lowering ‘bad’ cholesterol and increasing the ‘good’ cholesterol thereby reducing the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and stroke.
- Evidence suggests that as little as 3/4 cup of garbanzo beans per day helps lower LDL- cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglycerides.
- Crispea is the best snacks to eat on a diet for weight loss.
- Organic and gluten-free, Crispea is low in calories, high in protein and fiber, conforming to all the markers of a healthy weight-loss snack.
- The protein and fiber help control appetite by promoting satiety and curbing cravings.
- According to a study, those who ate chickpeas regularly were 53% less likely to be obese and had a lower body mass index and weight circumference.
- Your search for healthy snacks for tea-time, office, or late-night bingeing comes to end with Crispea. What’s more? With Crispea you need not give up on taste for health.
- When it comes to managing and/or controlling the blood sugar levels, no other food nutrient is as valuable and potent as protein and fiber.
- Crispea contains a healthy supply of both protein and fiber and has a low glycemic index. The Glycemic index of a food is an essential tool when it comes to screening food best for people struggling with diabetes.
- What is the glycemic index? The Glycemic index tells us how rapidly food raises your blood sugar levels on eating. The rule of thumb is, lower the glycemic index, healthier the food.
- Crispea is here to put an end to your snacking woes. It is a healthy snack alternative to potato chips and other munchies that are loaded with fat and are high in the glycemic index.